Kay Miller serves as partner in charge of Ericksen Krentel’s Tax Services Section, where she is instrumental in mentoring and leading tax team members on everything from compliance to tax planning, with a focus on partnerships and high-net worth individuals.
She has extensive experience in the analysis of complex tax issues, such as historic tax credits, Qualified Opportunity Zone funds, 163j business interest limitation issues and partnership basis, in the real estate industry. Kay also provides consulting for small businesses in the hospitality and professional services industries.
Kay pulls on 25 years of accounting and tax experience that includes managerial experience with both local and regional CPA firms. She previously served as chief financial officer for a regional healthcare provider specializing in orthopedics, in addition to serving as an adjunct professor with a local community college, where she taught bookkeeping, accounting and computerized accounting.
- Monitor 3 Key Metrics to Help Control Your Restaurant’s Prime Costs (February 2019)
- IRS Proposes Update for Charitable Contributions and State Tax Credits (July 2018)
Memberships and Affiliations
- American Institute of CPAs
- Society of Louisiana CPAs
- United Way of Southeast Louisiana (Finance and Operations Committee)