Dennis J. Tizzard
Services & Industries
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, University of New Orleans (1985)
Dennis Tizzard serves as partner in charge of Ericksen Krentel’s Consulting Services Section, where he provides litigation support services, business economic loss analysis services, business valuation services and small business consulting services. Dennis helps businesses shore up their bottom line to achieve fiscal success. That includes assisting clients and their legal counsel in forensic accounting and determining business valuations, especially as it relates to catastrophic events.
Under Dennis’ leadership, the firm was instrumental in helping hundreds of clients recover millions of dollars from business interruptions and damages caused by Hurricane Katrina and the BP oil spill. He also frequently serves as an expert witness to deliver forensic accounting and fraud analysis for a variety of industries from insurance to maritime.
- More Questions Than Answers: Business Interruption Insurance and COVID-19
- How Is Business Interruption Insurance Coverage Triggered?
- Hurricane Season is Here! Is Your Business Prepared?
- Business Interruption Insurance: Hope for the Best, Prepare for the Worst
- 8 Tips for Navigating Business Interruption Insurance Post-Hurricane
- “Mastering Business Interruption Claims,” Louisiana Claims Association Educational Conference & Expo (June 2018)
- “Fighting Fraud: A Guide to Identifying Today’s Corporate Psychopath,” ACFE-New Orleans Chapter (March 2018)
- “Business Interruption Insurance,” Society of Louisiana Certified Public Accountants Forensic & Valuation Services Workshop (November 2017)
Memberships and Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Society of Louisiana CPAs (Forensic, Valuation & Litigation Services Committee)
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts
- Louisiana Claims Association
- Boy Scouts of America Troop 269 (Assistant Scoutmaster)
- Easter Seals Louisiana (Board Member-Treasurer)