Astrid A. Potts
Services & Industries
- Reviews/Prep/Comps/Agreed-upon Procedures
- Peer Review
- Business Advisory/CFO Services
- Internal Audit/Internal Control/IT Audits
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Master of Business Administration with emphasis in Accounting, University of Arkansas at Little Rock (1997)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, UALR (1996)
Astrid A. Potts is a senior manager in Ericksen Krentel’s Accounting and Audit Services Section. Astrid is responsible for the execution and completion of client engagements. She works closely with engagement partners and teams to provide input into decisions including: work plan and timeline, budget management and career development of associates.
Astrid’s key responsibilities include:
- Perform pre-engagement activities: planning, risk assessment, budget, expectations, and roles discussion.
- Serve as a liaison between client and engagement team to gather required information and update the client and engagement partners with status.
- Research technical accounting issues.
- Manage client accounts including: billing, fee analysis and new service development.
- Ensure proper deployment of the audit staff and assist with the career development.
- Identify performance improvement opportunities for assigned clients.
Her 22 years of experience, including 16 years with two Big Four firms, includes audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management and related services to clients throughout the Unites States and other countries. She has worked with public and non-public clients in the consumer products, manufacturing, government, credit unions, nonprofit, legal, consulting and employee benefit plans segments.
Memberships and Affiliations
- American Institute of CPAs
- Society of Louisiana CPAs
- Texas Society of CPAs