City of New Orleans Offers Tax Amnesty Through September 3
Are you delinquent in your tax accounts with the City of New Orleans? There’s some good news in the form of the city’s Tax Amnesty program, effective through September 3, where business owners can settle and pay only the base tax amount due and a portion of the interest.
The program applies to outstanding sales, use, hotel/motel, parking, alcoholic beverage gallonage, occupational license taxes and various permits without penalty, negligence and only 50% interest. It does not, however, include property taxes of any kind.
Eligible taxpayers include:
- Those who failed to file a tax return and pay the tax due.
- Those who failed to register and/or file sales or any other type of tax, license or permit.
- Taxpayer who are under installment agreement or have defaulted on an installment agreement.
- Taxpayers who underpaid tax or have any outstanding sales tax balance.
- Taxpayers who have failed to pay for or renew an Occupational License or permit.
- Taxpayers currently under audit or in litigation for sales tax matters.
- Taxpayers who misrepresented or omitted tax due.
- Taxpayers who have sales tax liens on personal or business property.
- Taxpayers who claimed incorrect credits or deductions on tax returns.
Do you need additional tax assistance or guidance? Click here to learn how our tax team can help you!
About Ericksen Krentel
Ericksen Krentel CPAs and Consultants, founded in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1960 with offices in New Orleans and Mandeville, believes that serving as the clients’ most trusted adviser is grounded in going beyond the numbers.
That includes helping clients achieve their business and personal financial goals by providing innovative and exceptional services in the following areas: audit and assurance services, tax compliance and planning, outsourced CFO services and business valuations for a variety of industries; employee benefit plan audits; fraud and forensic accounting; business planning; IT consulting; wealth management; loss calculations; and estate planning.
Learn more at www.ericksenkrentel.com.